Pool of problems enter your life, when there is leakage of water from holes, cracks in the ceiling or water coming in through the floor. The result of this is always daunting, as the resident always attempts to fix it himself or herself. However, handling it without any proper tools and facts might lead to worsening of the condition. Foremost, the detection of the source of leakage is always hard to find, especially when it flows from the ground up the floor and into the house. When the flow is unstoppable and results in flooding the house, then leave the matter into the hands of slab leak detection Ventura County experts.
Here are some hints to comprehend the matter and understand how it happens:
- Out of multiple reasons, one is the shifting of ground. As unlikely as it sounds, it happens but with due course of time. Over the years, the heavy weight of the house and all its belongings intensify the pressure and affects the water pipes at the base of the house.
- The pipes before its installation beneath the grounds need wrapping. This is because the pipes undergo expansion and contraction due to seasonal changes and in this process might clash with the concrete of the floor, if not wrapped properly. When poorly done, the pipes suffer from cracks and tears due to its constant conflict with wall, and lead to water leaks.
- The water pipes might suffer minor damages due its improper installation or during the flooring of the house. This problem is visible only once the magnitudes of its results are prominent, that is once the crack matures after few years.
- Erosion of the pipe is also possible when the copper of the pipe reacts with soil beneath the house, which also leads o water leakage.
Some common ways of detecting the leaks are:
- When the carpet of the house usually stays wet, without watering it might be due to the water oozing up from the floor. The slabs can control it to certain extent, after which it enters the surface.
- Molds certainly destroy the beauty of the house as it also affects the health of the residents. A damp wall, due to some cracks on it, or at the brink where it meets the floor is what molds feed upon. Hence, if you have either of these problems along with the filthy smell making life seem unfair, then it is time to get the house detected by some professional.
- Another evident result is the protruding out of the slabs from the floor. This might happen when the slabs suffer from constant flowing in of water from the damaged pipes beneath the surface level.
Such water leaks may have disastrous effect on the house and might call for huge expenses if not treated on time. Although before the treatment, the inspection of sites to locate the damaged areas is important. Call for slab leak detection Ventura County expert services and get your problem solved immediately.