A departmental store is a large retail establishment which has a vast assortment in variety and range of goods, organized into different departments. All departments are housed under the same roof in order to facilitate buying, customer service, merchandising, and control. A departmental store offers a number of advantages to both the customers and the owners. Some of the important advantages of a departmental store are written below.
- Shopping is convenient at departmental store: A departmental store allows the customers to purchase all the required items under one roof. As there is no need for visiting several shops, a great amount of time is saved.
- Departmental store offers a wide variety of products: When shopping at a departmental store, customers can choose from a wide selection of products. Depending on their needs and wants, customers can make their best choice.
- Departmental store purchases bulk goods at a cheap price: When goods are bought in bulk they cost cheaper. This is because manufacturers give a large discount on goods that are purchased in bulk. Freight, loading and unloading charges are also lower for bulk goods.
- Departmental store offers various facilities: Apart from selling different products, departmental stores also provide different facilities such as free drinking water, parking, telephone, reading room, recreational hall etc.
- Departmental store does great publicity: Generally, departmental stores have big fund at their disposal. They can conduct advertisement and publicity events on a large scale. They can take advantage of the benefits provided by the experts’ services.
- Departmental store has a big turnover: A large number of people prefer shopping at departmental stores for a number of reasons such as central location, convenience of shopping, provisions of services, effective advertisement. Therefore, the turnover is generally quite high.
- Departmental store has a higher efficiency: Departmental stores appoint experts for buying, accounting, advertising etc. Also, qualified and skilled salespersons and other staffs are appointed which leads to a higher efficiency.
- Departmental store allows inspecting goods: One of the main advantages of a departmental store is that, it allows to customers to inspect the goods before purchasing. The customers can touch and feel the products.
- Departmental store can raise finance quickly: Usually departmental stores are business organization in the form of a limited company. Thus, they can easily raise the money needed to run the company.
- Departmental stores have good reputation: As departmental stores offer efficient services to the customers, they enjoy a good reputation.
Selfridges is a renowned chain of high-end department stores in the United Kingdom. Founded in the year, by Henry Gordon Selfridge it is one of the most sough-after department stores of England. From clothes to kitchen appliances, you can get almost every type of products here. One can use Selfridges promo code while shopping to get products at a large discount.